Congratulations to all Rotarians, friends and sponsors who helped make the International Tasting Faire a great success. Together we raised a total of $9,347 to support local food security programs and education in Haiti. With the cooperation of all the people who sold tickets, solicited auction items, contributed their time and supported the event, we far exceeded our fund raising expectations.
In particular I wish to thank the people who stepped up to the plate to host the event when it was postponed due to an extreme snowfall. Some, including myself regretted having to miss it due to previous commitments. This required a stronger effort by those who were here to pick up the ball. Thank you to:
• Harry Pringle and the staff and students of Selkirk College who served an excellent meal under difficult circumstances.
• Jim Reimer and the members and staff of Kootenay Christian Fellowship who organized the abundant array of auction items that were contributed by members, friends and supporters. The auctions raised an amazing total of $6,227 thanks to the generous donations of items.
• Our sponsors including Kootenay Co-op for supporting the cause.
• Mike McIndoe for mastering the ceremonies at the event. His warm hearted banter was appreciated by all.
• Kathy Knapik and the Interact students for facilitating the proceedings.
• Roger Higgins for managing the ticket sales with profits amounting to $2,480.
• Mary Lou Anctil for her competence in managing and reporting the finances.
• All of our members who helped to promote and host the event. It was truly an effort in cooperation and generousity on the part of all.
Please respond to the survey that Mike sent out so that we can make it even better next year!
All the best in Rotary,
Sandra England, President
Member: Lara Ellenwood
Member since 2011
Nelson Daybreak Rotary
Friday - 12 pm (directions)
Click on following link to downoad: April 10 2018 / September 4th 2018 Roster